Friday, November 17, 2006

getting around

Mike* wants to hang out. I wish that I felt some sort of chemistry with him. He's real sweet, but young (23) and in the Navy. I've learned my lesson thankyou very much. I told him I was gonna lay low tonight..this week has been weekend enough for me. It started out great enough, got a job monday, got another tues. On Wed I got a call from one of my best friends parents telling me she was in the hospital (for the 5th time in 2 months) for attempting suicide, so I spent the rest of the day in the hospital. I really needed to unwind after that so some friends and I went to Incahoots. Called James that night..my mistake, I really shouldnt lead him on. Went to an ex-coworkers going away party last night, it was awkward seeing my old bosses and kind or irksome recounting my employment update over and over.

I'm trying myself to be "available." I'm over being single and I'm definately starting to feel the pressure (from family, society and unfortunatlely, myself) to settle down. Tick Tock Tick Tock. I joined "match.com" and am pretty happy with the experience so far. I like that I'm able to pick and choose who I want to talk to. If I dont feel a connection, there's no awkwardness if I dont respond to their emails. I didn't have very high expectations, and I've been pleasently surprised. Its been a month, after 2 weeks I met a pretty nice guy, unfortunately it fizzled after about 6 dates. Still a good experience, I got some good dates and some good foolin' around out of it! My "matching" is gonna have to be put on hold for a little while, I'm not allowing myself to spend any money on luxuries until I start getting actual paychecks.

I can't decide whether or not I want to keep this blog anonymous. I have family that are bloggers and feel like if they knew about my blog I might censor myself.

*Names have been changed, cause, you know, people have feelings n shit.

1 comment:

Cari said...

since when has a soza censored herself? I'm enjoying it!