Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sometimes I really am impressed with myself



I can't really take all the credit, I got the recipe off soupcache.com. I altered the recipe slightly to make it my own, but the original idea, sadly, is not mine.

Yam-Ginger soup

4 large yams, diced
4 red potatos, quartered
1 squash (any variety will do)
olive oil
1 yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
approx 4 knodules of ginger root (pressed)
approx 2tbs white sugar (brown would be good, too)
2tbs salt
1tbs pepper
6cups of water

Slice squash in 1/2, place on cookie sheet face down, with about 2tbs olive oil, lightly salted. bake @350 for 40 min.
In large metal pot, sautee onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil.
Add water, potato, yams, boil until soft.
Strain yams and potato and puree in food processor until mush. Do same with baked squash.
Place all ingredients back in pot, continue to boil until all ingredients are blended.
Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
May need additional water depending how thick you want it.

SO YUMMY

5 comments:

Cari said...

This looks like baby food. You probably should have put a dab on parsley on it. Sounds good, though!

Grahamcracker said...

Per Cari's advice, I switched the picture. Not quite parsley, but lemon tree leaves work just as well!

Shana said...

Ha! I'd have to agree with Cari's comment, the old picture didn't exactly inspire me to try out the recipe! The new picture is much better! :)

Grahamcracker said...

I'm using this recipe for my soup swap tomorrow. I'll make sure and post lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Marila!
I made that soup last night and it was amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing... anymore?
Amelia