Monday, January 22, 2007

craftastic

I'm crafty, it's true. My level of craftiness has increased exponentially since the incorporation of my brand new (to me) sewing machine. NOW, instead of being resricted to projects that involve yarn, paint or glue, I can actually SEW things! Thus far, my beginner sewing projects have included: riced filled, scented heating pads, cloth yo-yo's (like flowers), an apron, a tshirt for Rodrigo, and a cloth-carrying tote. Exciting, riveting even.

Here's a small list of projects I have in mind:

Bracelet for Tianna: Cuff style, probably about 4" long, with a horizontal zipper on the outside for cash, etc and a vertical pocket on the inside for d.l and/or credit cards.

Wallet for Marie: Made of fabric or vinyl ( I can't decide), approx 4"x4" when folded, 8"x4" when unfolded. Unfolded it will have a horizontal pocket running the entire length of the wallet that can hold cash, and two slits on the outside of the pocket that can hold cards. When folded it will have one slit pocket. It will be held together by magnets sewn in strategic places.

For Jane Valdes and Chloe: Animal shaped baby washcloths: Bunnies and/or a Bear. Bunnies: Two pink and 1 white wash cloths sewn together using white for the nose and eyes tail and tooth, pink gingham for the insides of the ears and pink for the body. Bunny shaped. Bear: 2 l.brown, 1 d.brwn, 1 white washcloths and brown and white gingham for inside the ears. I havn't quite worked out the logistics of this one, but same as the bunny basically.

I'd gladly take suggestion for new projects!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Oh! Sounds like fun! I love the idea for the washclothes! Ha, that could be because they would be for a little someone I know! You should post pictures of your finished products! I'd love to see the wallet and stuff!