Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sitting on the Sunny side of the bench

Instead of wallowing in a quagmire of self-pity over the fact that I still don't have a job, I am going to focus on the positive aspects of this state of affairs, because that's the mature thing to do. I'm going to banish my inner teenager to the bedroom, and resist whining about how the world is out to get me.
Essence of Positivity



1. I don't have to get out of bed in the morning if I don't want to.

2. It doesn't matter that I spent two hours in the gym today.

3. Nobody is expecting anything of me urgently.

4. I don't have to deal with idiot colleagues, or the waft of body odor from over confident frat boys.

5. All the emails I currently receive are from people I want to correspond with, except for the spam, but you get the point.

6. Sunday evenings are just another part of the weekend.

7. I don't have to have two separate-but-equal wardrobes: one interview shirt and some black pin-striped pants are coping just fine all by their lonesome in the 'work appropriate' section.

No comments: