Friday, December 8, 2006

Chopped Liver

I looked Hot. I mean, really hott. The kind of hott (yes the kind that warrents a double-t) that even the people that see you everyday feel as though they're in the presence of great hottness. I wore my skinny jeans, the one's that make my butt look phenomenal, my blousy black and white top with the bat-wings, the sinched empire waist and plunging back and neck, a burgundy velvet fitted jacket and my black suede pumps with the stacked wooden heal (4"). Hott.

I even had the walk down. No, not a walk, last night it was a strutt.

Our date was for 8'oclock, at Flemmings. I knew what I wanted: the porterhouse, cooked medium rare, with a glass of Sangiovase and maybe a side of mashed potatoes. For once in my life I was being decisive. Kyle didn't know what he had coming.

7:50 I get a phone call from Tianna.
"Where are you?"
"I just parked."
"FUCK! I think Kyle's flaking."
"Seriously? Why do you think that?"
"I just got off the phone with Heather, she's been calling Kyle all day and he won't return any of her phone calls. She thinks he's flaking."
"Awesome. I should of known better, the Navy is bad news, period. I'm already here, I might as well go and see if he's checked in with the hostess."
I walk into the restaurant. "Reservation under 'Kyle.' Is he here yet?"
"No."
"Ok, I'm gonna go outside and make a phone call."
"Ok, I'll find you when he checks in."
So I go outside and talk on the phone for about 10 minutes. No Kyle. I think to myself "wow, I've never been stood up before. Kinda funny, very inconsiderate.

Blind dates are tricky and can cause some anxiety. If you want to cancel, ok, whatev's, we've never actually met so I have to feelings about you, whatsoever. But be courteous enough to give a girl a head's up. Mira Mesa is a long ways from the gaslamp. Kyle better thank his lucky stars I hadn't been seated before Tianna called me. I can't even imagine the humiliation of sitting at a table, alone, waiting for someone who is never going to show up.

Luckily for me, I already had after-date plans with the girls.

No comments: