Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


I love Christmastime. I'm sitting in my house, in the dark. Tiny glowing lights have me hyptotized as I type into my 14" white Apple G4 laptop. The decoration is none of my doing. Karin and Carissa came home the other night, real christmas tree in toe, determined to bring the Christmas spirit to our lovely home with the Green Tea colored kitchen and hardwood laminate flooring. They're not blinking lights, but they twinkle none the less. Pink, blue green, and peach lights wrap around the window that frames our kitchen and also around the green palm tree chair. It's like christmas in Hawaii, or Miami.

Our tree is AMAZING. It's definately not a "Charlie Brown" christmas in our house. 8' of beautiful green Douglas Fir adorned with tiny glowing blue and white lights. It's definately Carissa's doing. There are no homemade ornaments or strands of popcorn, instead our tree has tiny bells and perfectly conditionded angels and stars. The smell of happiness hits you as soon as you walk in the door, or wake up. God THAT SMELL! It warms me up, reminds me of home and being safe and happy with no "bills a piling" or "hearts a breaking." The perils of adulthood.

Soon there will be presents under our tree. Im knitting both roommates scarves. Red for Carissa, Blue for Karin. I'm hoping the time and effort I'm putting into their gifts will outweigh the cheapness of it all. Christmas is inconveniant when you have no job.

Christmas has awakened a Suzie Homemaker of sorts in me. I've been cooking...alot. this week alone I've made Chicken Vegetable soup (sauteed onions, garlic, chicken in a pot with red potatoes, brocoli, zuchinni and carrots, in veg. broth and veg. puree, brought to a boil then simmered), chinese stir fry in a peanut sauce, and tonight pad thai with chicken, broc, snap peas, sprouts, carrots and garlic. YUM.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every time you burp out loud, an angel gets its wings.