Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jesus should have been my parking garage attendant


I almost died last night. It was late, I was walking through a very dark parking garage, into the depths where I could'nt even see my hand in front of my face. I called for the parking guy, "Hello?" All of a sudden I saw a shadow pass in front of me and then one behind me. I was tense, I was really scared. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, I knew I had to run for my life. Before I could do anything I felt the piercing cold blad of a knife to my throat. Shadow #1 was behind me. I could feel the warmth of his body, the roughness of his cotten hoody that was probably faded from being washed too many times. He was holding his breath, not because he was nervous, but because he was excited, and anxious.

Shadow #2 was in front of me. He was the one in charge, he was fierce, he was going to rape me and then they were going to kill me. Fight or flight. I screamed but nothing came out. As hard as I tried I couldn't make anything but a screechy, breathless "help" come out. 2 stories underground, no one was coming, no one could hear me. I paused, focused myself. "HELP!!!" I screamed as I pushed myself away.

I screamed so loud I woke myself up and I kicked Rodrigo. Sadly, as loud as I screamed I did'nt wake either roommate. If we ever have an intruder, I'm screwed, unless you can die from being licked to death by an overly friendly black lab.

No comments: